This car started out like a lot of the old classic 2002’s needing obsoletely everything. Rust in the floors and aged metal. We cut away the rust. Welded in new sheet metal. Cut out for the Factory BMW Turbo flares and front valance. Sending the car off to the body shop. The car was painted Championship White (typeR white) which is appropriate color considering it’s powered by a Honda S2000 motor: F22c with the 6 speed manual transmission. AEM Standalone computer with custom tune to keep things running smoothly.
Suspension is our own CAtuned coilovers mated with a 4.10 LSD inside our CAtuned Monster rear end. CAtuned Front brakes with 2002 Garagewerks rear Disc Brakes. Stainless steel braided lines front and rear. With the swap we used our CAtuned swap mounts and a custom transmission tunnel. Everything fits and looks great. Cooling the engine is a nice all Aluminum Radiator and electric cooling fan.
Interior is done very nicely with E21 Recaro’s at the front and matching E24 Recaro like seating in the rear. Everything is leather and very comfortable. Custom carpeting done over the tunnel and new floor mats. With the F22 swap we integrated the S2000 cluster in the dash and it really shows well.
The entire build took a number of years but the end result is well worth it.
- 1970 BMW 2002 – Slick top
- Finished in PPG Championship White (Type R)
- CAtuned Coilovers with Camber plates
- CAtuned Swap Mounts
- CAtuned Front Stage 2 disc Brake BBK Kit
- CAtuned stainless brake lines Front & Rear
- CAtuned Monster rear end & 4.10 LSD
- F22C Engine & 6 Speed Transmission
- 2002 Garagewerks Rear Disc Brakes
- Custom Aluminum Radiator and hoses
- AEM standalone & Intake
- Stainless Vibrant Exhaust from Headers back
- Factory BMW Turbo Flares & front Airdam w/ stainless hardware & Riv nuts
- Zender Rear trunk spoiler
- Forrest Kooglewerks Trunk enclosures & Speaker panels
- Momo Vintage Steering Wheel
- Custom CAtuned Valve cover & S2002 Badging
- LED tail light conversion
- Wheels are Autostrada Modena 17″ x 9″ et15 & 10″ et21 w/ tires: 205/40 & 215/40/17
Thank you for looking over the build, checking out the pictures and video.